The Rotary Club of Docklands is involved in a number of fantastic projects. If you are interested in assisting in any of these, please email or contact us via the ‘contact us’ page. We would love to hear from you. Rotary Docklands also aims to promote the many ways the people and businesses of Docklands enjoy the beautiful surrounds of this amazing Melbourne facility.
Rotary Docklands Portable Solar Dental Chair for third world countries. We are just about to launch this project into Cambodia, which has been made possible by the passion and untiring dedication of member Kim Groizzard-HIndmarsh. See details https://rotarydocklands.com/portable-dental-chair
We are also presently investigating the simply supply of eye glasses to third word countries.
Rotary Docklands also aims to promote the many ways the people and businesses of Docklands enjoy the beautiful surrounds of this amazing Melbourne facility. Facebook:
RYLA: Rotary Youth Leadership Award: A week long Personal Development course for people between 18-24, (all costs sponsored by Rotary Docklands) to support attendees to ‘find their bliss”.
Each year, Rotary selects up to 100 individuals from around the world to receive fully funded academic fellowships to pursue a Certificate Program or Masters Degree program related to peace and conflict resolution and prevention at one of the participating peace centers.
• International Christian University, Japan
• University of Bradford, England
• University of Queensland, Australia
• Uppsala University, Sweden
• Chulalongkorn University, Thailand (certificate program)
Level/Field of study:
Certificate or Masters Degree Programme in fields related to peace and conflict resolution and prevention
Anyone endorsed by their local Rotary Club/District.
No. of Scholarships:
Up to 50 master’s degree fellowships and 50 certificates are awarded each year.
The fellowships cover tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship and field-study expenses.
The Rotary Peace Fellowship is designed for professionals with work experience in international relations or peace and conflict prevention and resolution. Applicants must also meet the following requirements:
• Proficiency in English; proficiency in a second language is strongly recommended
• Strong commitment to international understanding and peace as demonstrated through professional and academic achievements and personal or community service
• Excellent leadership skills
• Master’s degree applicants: minimum three years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, bachelor’s degree
• Certificate applicants: minimum five years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, strong academic background
Read the complete eligibility requirements.
The deadline for candidates to submit applications to their respective Rotary district is 31 May. Districts must submit endorsed applications to The Rotary Foundation by 1 July.
It is important to read the complete application instructions and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.rotary.org/en/peace-fellowships